Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 23

So yesterday had a very short blog, as well as the two days before it. But I now have the time to sit down and write a full on blog about whats up and new with me. Well, I have started school and Im honestly not too sure how I feel about it. It is a private art college and im going to major in Interior Design, im going for my Bachelors. The first day I had to get up hella early like I set my alarm for 5 so I could be up and moving by 5:30 so I could be out the door by 6:20, 40 minutes of traffic later and I arrive at the school and of course the doors are locked, so I wait for 7:30 and then go up and thankfully someone let me in. Then I signed the "sign in sheet" and asked about my badge, they didn't have it. So I went up to my first class. The teacher has far too much energy for it being 8 in the morning and wanted us all to loosen up and play a game of pictionary. I kept getting animals and so I drew them cartoonish. Whatever, then we had to draw a still life and that bugged me because im not a great drawer and didn't want to spend all that much time on it, but I did my best anyways. Then it was time to go and I have very little idea what my homework is for the next class which would be the class today. So I have 20 minutes until my next class starts so I go down to the bookstore to get my books. The line is so long and they have to reprint my schedual so by the time i get out of there I have five minutes to get to my class. I check on my badge and they have me take a new picture and of course I look like crap but it had to be done. So then i go into the building for my class and I go the wrong way. Well I go into the wrong doors and end up getting locked in a stariway and the only way to get out is to use the keycard, which i dont have. So I go outside and walk around the entire building and then go up the stairs and arrive just as they are trying to figure out how to pronounce my name in roll.

Second class started out ok except for the fact I was out of breath and super hungry (because I havn't eaten anything yet) and my vision is starting to go black from lack of food and all the running around I have done. Anways, class gets started and and at break I grab my sandwich and chow it down in five minutes. Then towards the end of class it turns out the bookstore gave me the wrong book, so I have to go down and exchange it and while im there they give me my 5 piece interior design program kit. It takes two trips out to my car to get everything inside and I can barely lift one of the bags. Like its an inch or less off the ground as I carry it to the car. By the time I get back to class its over and I now have an hour with nothing to do. So I call my aunt and talk to her and then end up dozing off for a couple of minutes because I am just that tired. So my third class starts and I find out they gave me an extra book that I don't need at all. So at break I run back to the bookstore to turn it in and I ask about my extra money im suppose to have because there is still supplies I need to buy. Well of course it wont be in until next week. So when im heading back through the entry I take a look to see if my badge is out. There is a badge with my picture but someone elses name, and a badge with my name but someone elses picture. So i take it to the front desk and they say they will take care of it. I go back to class and practice the correct way to draw a line for a drafting class for the next hour plus. Once class is over I ask the front desk if my badge is done and they say I can pick it up tomorrow morning but im not going to make a two hour trip when I dont have any classes. So they say i can get it wednesday at 8 when the doors open, well thats also when my first class starts so I would rather get here sooner thank you very much. Whatever, i go out to my car and drive home. Exausted I chow down two plates of food and then force myself to stay awake until 10 so I can get a decent night of sleep. So I zonk out and don't wake up until i get an alert that Justin sent me a facebook message.

So I talked to him for a while while he was at work then went back to sleep and woke up refreshed. Well my aunt says she will buy my supplies and I can pay her back. So we go shopping and I owe her about 100 of my money from the school, but thats not a problem, I got paper I needed, a backpack and a lunchbox because I need both really bad. So we get back to the house and I freak out because I don't have one sort of paper i need. So I spend like two hours calling different art stores asking if they have it and they dont and finally im on the phone with staples and they say something so I double check all the sketchbooks I got in my kit and of course the paper I need is there. So I wasted time. Then i started getting my schoolwork organized and freak out because the teachers don't work in a way that works for me because two of them are "whatever do what you want for the assignment" and im OCD and need some sort of sturcture or I overthink and end up doing too much. Anyways, once I finally get started on my homework it takes forever. I dont finish until almost 11 and then I zonk out only to wake up at 6:30 today to go back to school. I got my badge as soon as I walked in the door and started the day. And I have to say being much more prepaired helped me out loads. But I still think that two of my teachers need to get better organized, oh well nothing I can do there but adapt. My picture of the day also happens to be a pic of all my school supplies, so take a look below and see what I gots.


Yup thats all my art stuff and I think I can now officially call myself an artist? Well maybe not officially, but I got all the tools and im enrolled and a super expensive school so I better be able to legitimitly call myself an artist at some point in time. I think there was over 100 items in my kit, and its the biggest kit given. Alot of stuff I dont even know what it is or how its suppose to be used, good things i have artists in the family and alot of my friends are artists they will be able to help me out.

So yeah, I think this blog more than makes up for the horribly short ones the past few days. Goodnight babies, I will meet you in my dreams and hold you so tight that you feel it while your awake. Have a great day at work and Im really hoping you got your internet so in the morning when Im waking up and your heading to bed we may be able to skype for a little bit. I love you babe, with all of my heart and soul and I can't wait to hear from you. Take care love, we will talk real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment