Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Another day, Another dollar

Today when I woke up, I figured everything would be pretty OK. After I found my jeans hiding in my little sisters drawer, I was able to put together a semi-acceptable outfit and headed out the door. I have figured out the earlier I get to school, the better chances I have of finding a good parking spot. So I got to school about two hours early and hit the library.

We are reading Montana 1948 in my lit. class right now so I read through the book and jotted down a couple of notes in my notebook then summarized part one. Sure that may be a little overkill.... especially considering I read part one two times in total.... but you know what, it really helped me out in class today. We had a short little quiz and then were broken up into groups to talk about different characters. After the first hour we always get a break so I bought myself some peanut M&M's and trotted back to class.

During the second part of class we read a poem and then started going through it one line at a time. When the professor randomly choose me it of course had to be at the part that I made a fool of myself. He pointed to me and asked what the line said. I replied with "He is going to sell the berries for a dollar" apparently this isn't what my professor was looking for. He wanted me to scream out "One dollar! berries for a dollar!" or something like that. I am positive my face was bright red because although I do like to act, I need to have a script and be able to prepair myself. The other students in the class were laughing at me of course, but i figured screw them, there aren't many people I like in the world anyways.

After class was over I had to head to my Chinese class straightaway. I joined in a small discussion without being invited, something I almost never do, and I don't think the participants were particularly pleased with me. But whatever. Class started and we spent an entire hour going over the sounds to get them correct. You may think that's overkill, but trust me, pronunciation is everything when learning a language. I think I've almost got it actually. After class my professor signed my tutor request form and I went to the office and picked up my check for financial aid.

Now i had to go to the bank and get the check cashed so I could repay my mom. That took a little bit of time and when I was done I headed for home. Now by this time of the day I am extremely hungry and craving tacos. So I figure I will just call up someone and ask if they wanna go to taco bell. Problem, only people I actually want to see are either in class, or don't live near enough that I can call them up and ask if they wanna get some lunch. This little revelation of mine depressed me to some degree that I'm still not quite over.

I have a counselors appointment Friday and I am going to ask about getting a degree (I can't remember the name of it right now, sorry!) that will only take a year or two to complete and then I can get a job while I finish out getting the English degree that I really want. I think this plan may work, and then again maybe it won't, but hey a plan is a plan. If it turns out I can't do that then I'm back to square one trying to figure out something to do with my life.

I guess what I really want to do is move out of this town, I don't care where. Anywhere will do really just as long as I get out. See I figure if I get the one year degree I can move and get a job then pay for another community college. Anyways, that's what I've figured out so far. I have more homework to do again tonight so I should probably log off.

~Tamizan Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment